Entrepreneurship (Binalot - Final Day)

Success stories of Filipino Entrepreneurs - Rommel Juan

AFFI. Final Day, Binalot's operations run smoothly now because different people take care of the various sections of the organization. It's no longer all me. I think it helps a lot if you handle everything when you're starting a business. But it does limit you. Fortunately, when Binalot expanded, I could afford to get more people to help me. That's the only way you will grow.
Sometimes you have to let someone else take care of a department in the organization so there's focus. I also tell my people that. You have to make yourself "obsolete", or else, ikaw na lang d'yan habambuhay. Kuha kayo ng taong puwedeng pumalit sa inyo. Kung indispensable kayo, d'yan na lang kayo (you'll be stuck there forever. Get someone to replace you. If you're indispensable, you'll be stuck there).
He tries to instill a little entrepreneurial spirit into his employees, challenging them to take risks, to be creative. Rommel, like most entrepreneurs, recognizes that there is great potential in the Filipino to make it big as an entrepreneur. He is happy to see that more and more are getting into business.
I think the country needs more businessmen, more entrepreneurs to help with the country's employment. To give a positive outlook in life. Entrepreneurs are always positive thinkers. Negative thinkers can never build and sustain businesses.
Rommel believes anyone can be an entrepreneur in his own way. Whether you are born with aptitude for it or discover it later on in life like he did.
Having grown up surrounded by entrepreneurs, Rommel agrees that exposure to business helped. The discipline, work ethic, training experiences help shape one's desire to go into business. But ultimately, it is still up to the individual to pursue business or not.
We were expected to go into the family business. My dad made it a point to expose us to it. Sometimes when talking to employees, suppliers, and even clients and bankers, he'd let us tag along. I didn't understand it then because I was still young and I got bored easily. My dad didn't teach as if we were in a classroom; he'd train us by exposure. He'd put you in a situation and observe how you'll respond to it. Pag meron s'yang napansin, tsaka lang n'ya sasabihin sa 'yo (when he notices something, that's when he tells you), but he doesn't teach you how to act. Nakatulong 'yun sa akin (it helped me) - that I had that training about business, but it was still up to me whether I wanted to be businessman.
Setting up a business he believes is a vote of confidence for the country. He feels that Filipinos should avoid being the country's worst critics and be more nationalistic, believe more in the country by being entrepreneurs.
They can get a franchise; they can set up their own. Join AFFI. Dapat lang there's action. Don't procrastinate, don't wait to get lucky. You attract your own luck. Be active, observant, open your eyes. Action is important, and most of all, enjoy what you are doing.
Wise words from an impassioned hobbyist turned successful entrepreneur because he did his business with pleasure.

No comments: