Take Responsibility

Ron Davis - Motivational speaker.



8 Secrets of the Truly Rich - Chapter 3 "Stop Blaming Your Family for Your Poverty", Bo Sanchez narrated a story.
One day, I was talking to a mother in her 40s.
She told me, "I was born in a poor family. My father is poor, my mother is poor, our grandparents are poor, all our uncles and aunts are poor, even our dog is poor... That's why I'll be poor forever".
I shook my head and said, "There's a slight problem with your logic.
Do you know who else can say the exact same story?"
"Who?" she asked.
"Henry Sy, Lucio Tan, John Gokongwei..."
"But Bo, they're not counted!" she objected. "They're Chinese!"
"So? Even worse. At one point, they couldn't speak our language.
These three men started with manual labor. And except for Henry Sy who finished in Far Eastern University, the other two couldn't even finish college."
Henry Sy, a penniless 12-year-old boy when he arrived on the shores of the Philippines, is now owner of the SM empire and the 14th richest man in South East Asia.
Lucio Tan, who at one time owned nothing else but the shirt on his back, is now the richest industrialist in the country, and has a net worth of $1.5 billion.
John Gokongwei, former market vendor and bodegero, is now head of JG Summit, the largest conglomerate in the Philippines.
If you want to get out of poverty, nothing can stop you.
Not your corrupt government or your family lineage.
Stop blaming your family for your poverty.

No comments: