Brilliant Reader

Be clear why you're here.

Cited by Jack Canfield, I believe each of us is born with a life purpose. Identifying, acknowledging, and honoring this purpose is perhaps the most important action successful people take. They take the time to understand what they're here to do - and then they pursue that with passion and enthusiasm.
Reflecting from what Jack Canfield been said and looking back to my past, after almost 4 years of working here in Japan I never realized that my passion and purpose is not only in my work, but also to make other people smile and happy. I've been in Yokohama for 2 years, in Tokyo for 1 year and now completing my another year here in Okinawa.
Last weekend, I was invited to visit the place of my Japanese colleague "on the left is Maehara san with his son Mikoto chan", to join and meet his parents and to experience their traditional festival called "Eissa" which means to rejoice and ask for long life.
When I met his parents, I felt shy because they didn't notice that I am a foreigner until my colleague explained to his mom and dad that I am a Filipino. They were surprised because they thought I am just a typical okinawan guy. Yes, if you will come and experience to visit Okinawa it is really similar to Philippines. Not only you can see typical Okinawan faces which is very similar to Filipino, but also you can see the similarity in terms of environment, attitude, being hospitable and generous.
I stayed in their house for 2 days and 1 night, watched the traditional dance festival, went to natural park, talked to them and shared about their culture and traditions, joined to eat lunch and dinner with them, talked to "Otosan" (father) and "Okasan" (mother) as if they were my real parents, cooked and let them taste my favorite "Tinola" a filipino dish.
That night is one of the most unforgettable moments in my Life. I felt very welcome and treated as part of their family. "Otosan" always told me to visit them as frequent as I can and join with them, that he even told me to bring my family to visit them. Somehow, I realized that being good to other people and let them experience your sincerity will give you back life satisfaction. Satisfaction that you will even feel that you really exist in this world, that you are not useless, that you are created not because of yourself, but because there are many people who needs your existence.

No comments: